This Deadly Texas Highway is the 5th Most Dangerous in the US
Nobody expects to be involved in a car crash but with the number of people on the road every day, accidents are inevitable. Texas has the 5th most dangerous road in the entire country. Knowing where the most crashes occur, allows you to be extra cautious. Let's find out where this Texas road is and why it is so dangerous.
STUDY REVEALS MOST DANGEROUS ROAD IN TEXAS
According to Value Penguin, Texas I-35 is the 5th most dangerous road in the United States. In particular, the portion of I-35 that runs through El Paso is the most dangerous.
Here are the top 3 statistics that make this Texas highway so incredibly dangerous and deadly.
- Total fatalities on this Texas road: 492
- 20% of crashes involved alcohol
- 59% of crashes happened in the dark
SAFETY CONCERNS ON TEXAS HIGHWAYS
While driving it's critical to keep the well-being of yourself, your passengers, and the well-being of other drivers in mind.
Here are the top 5 ways to stay safe while driving:
- FOCUS AND AVOID DISTRACTION
- This means PUT THE PHONE DOWN. It only takes a second to turn a distraction into something deadly.
- SPEED LIMIT
- Sure, some Texas drivers have a heavy foot, however, speeding reduces the ability to react to unexpected situations like someone cutting you off, an animal running into the road, or avoiding objects on the road.
- SAFE DISTANCE FROM OTHER VEHICLES
- Don't tailgate. Keeping a safe amount of space between the car in front of you will allow you to break in case of sudden stops or emergency braking.
- FOLLOW TRAFFIC RULES
- Your moves should be predictable to other drivers. Use your signals if you are changing lanes or turning.
- DEFENSIVE DRIVING
- No, defensive driving doesn't mean road rage. It means you need to be cautious and avoid aggressive driving.
Remember, safe driving is a shared responsibility.