Snakes are really making their presence known as the temperatures heat up.  According to USA TODAY, A family was hanging out at the pool and stumbled upon the reptile when someone picked up a pool noodle and a large rattlesnake snake fell out. A short time later, the family found that several baby snakes were still inside. After this happened, the Salado Texas Volunteer Fire Department posted this warning accompanied by this picture.

Get our free mobile app

Before kicking back and relaxing near your pool this summer. We are warning families to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes. There could be snakes in your pool noodles. With the temperatures getting hotter, it's only natural for these snakes to be looking for a cooler place to stay. Snakes will typically seek out dark spaces, so it's best to keep your pool toys elevated or in some type of sealed container.

The best way to handle rattlesnakes is by backing away slowly, so always try to avoid panicking!

Be sure to stay safe this summer and check your pool noodles just in case!

Salado Texas Volunteer Fire Department
Salado Texas Volunteer Fire Department
loading...

IF YOU ARE BITTEN BY A SNAKE:

If you are bitten by a snake you should remain calm!  Remove shoes and jewelry since swelling will occur. Position the bite below your heart level and seek medical attention.

DO NOT:  

  • Cut the wound
  • Try to suck out the venom
  • Apply a tourniquet or ice
  • Wash the bite
  • Drink alcohol or caffeine
  • Try to capture the snake

KEEP READING: Here are 6 foods from your cookout that could harm your dog