Texans Need to Be Aware of Significant Changes Walmart Just Made
Walmart, one of the retail giants known for its low prices and vast product selection, has recently implemented significant changes to its coupon policy. This change is aimed at shortening the misuse of coupons and ensuring a fair shopping experience for all customers. Here are some key points that regular coupon users need to be aware of:
- Walmart will continue to accept valid paper manufacturer coupons issued by manufacturers of products they sell. However, these coupons must adhere to certain guidelines.
- Coupons must be scanned at the register, if the coupon is not part of Walmart's master file they will not be accepted.
- Walmart will no longer provide cashback, nor will any overages apply to the remaining items in a transaction if the coupon's value exceeds the purchase value of the item. Any excess value will not be applied to the total transaction.
- Customers can only use one paper manufacturer coupon per item for in-store purchases. There is a limit of four identical coupons per household per day unless otherwise specified on the coupon.
- Walmart will not accept expired coupons. Coupons must be valid and within their expiration date to be eligible for use.
- Items purchased must match the coupon description, including brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, and other specifications. Coupons for unmatched items will be denied.
- Valid internet manufacturer coupons with scannable GS1 barcodes are accepted. However, coupons with certain characteristics, like being blurry or altered, will not be accepted.
- Walmart accepts Dollars/Cents Off coupons and BOGO coupons. However, BOGO manufacturer coupons cannot be combined, and certain restrictions may apply.
- When returning items purchased using manufacturer coupons, the coupon value will be returned to the customer in their original form of tender. Coupons will not be given back upon return, and Walmart reserves the right to decline the return of items purchased with coupons.
- Walmart does not accept (mobile) digital coupons, expired coupons, counterfeit coupons, vouchers, gift certificates, UPC-A coupon barcodes, competitor/retailer coupons, or bottle caps for redemption. They also do not honor double or triple coupons.
- Store management has the final say in handling coupon-related issues. Walmart reserves the right to refuse or limit the use of any coupon for any reason, including disruptive customer behavior.
Top 10 Most Stolen Cars in Texas
Gallery Credit: Canva