If You are From Victoria – You Get These References
I keep seeing articles showcasing things you hear in Texas that only Texans would understand. Which are great articles, but I thought why not make this story more local? I mean stuff that only Victorians understand. I mean the telephone number 575-2311 means absolutely nothing to anyone except a Victorian. Where was/is 'under the hill'? What about actually being able to take a left on Navarro?
If you are from Victoria you get all three of these references. Take a trip down memory lane and check out some great references that only Victorians will understand. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE PHOTO GALLERY.
Before we get to that list, check out these things that have changed throughout the years in Victoria.
- The Victoria Livestock Show parade was on Laurent Street.
- The time and temperature marquee in downtown Victoria.
- The Original Sonic hangout on Navarro
- PJ's Seafood is now a Mexican Restaurant
- We miss 99 cent Margaritas on Thursday Nights at Casa Ole
- We no longer hear the same playlist every time we walk into Cactus Canyon.
Enjoy this fun list and I know there are a ton of things to add to the list. So please add your response in the Facebook comments of this post. We will add to this list and update this article in the near future.